Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wednesday Update

So, Monday went on it's merry way . . . I ended up at the doctor's office with severe pelvic pain. Two ultrasounds later, and we still don't know what's going on! It looks like I ruptured an ovarian cyst on the right side. So I'm having pain on the left side, why? J got a bit (ha!) concerned and hopped in the truck at the end of his shift Monday night and was here by 1:30 am. He's more over-reactive to this than I am. It's interesting to see him as a medical practicioner be completely unable to distance himself and treat me like a patient. If I was some random patient in the ER? He would be all about letting time sort it out, etc. With me? Not so much!

(And I'm only disclosing this on my blog because J has apparently already told his whole family about my girlie issues.) To one-up him for inappropriate disclosure? In talking with my OB/GYN yesterday and discussing the fact that we'd like to try for a baby in a year or so? My doctor offered to let J get his sperm sample "out of the way" so I could go on Clomid without delay if necessary. Needless to say, J declined the opportunity. Ha! That'll teach him!

Nothing like meeting his Mom for the first time and trying to avoid that fact that she knows about my ovaries. Hot dog!

And now, drumroll, please . . . I am going to Burney. To make a presentation to the Fire District and various other Boards.

Wish me luck, because quite frankly, I feel like someone is taking my Fallopian tube and tying it in a knot, then stepping on it. With a big boot worn by an obese man. (Who knew that fallopian is supposed to be capitalized? Not me!)

Still no comments? Come on, people, just say something to the tune of, "Hi Amy. Sorry about your ouchy Fallopian tube. My name is Betty and live in Timbucktoo." Or "Hi Amy. It's your mother/best friend/neighbor and frankly, I think this qualifies as TMI!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! Sorry about your ouchy, capital "F" Fallopian tube!

You know how you're reading at "Two Peas" instead of getting the housework done, and you randomly click on something, which leads to something else...well that's how I ended up here.

I read your entire blog yesterday, and have to tell you what a wonderful love story you and "J" have going on! It's better than Y&R (and progressing much faster, LOL). I look forward to future installments--I like your writing style.

P.S. Your little son is adorable!

5:49 PM  
Blogger Jackietex said...

Hey Amy! This is ANOTHER "pea" who found your blog and loved reading your love story. I don't know you but I'm very happy for you. Sorry about the female pain you are experiencing. Yowza, those things can hurt! Take care of yourself.

9:17 PM  
Blogger amykat said...

Ya! I have comments! Thank you ladies . . . I'm pretty dang ecstatic about my progressing love story as well. Though not so ecstatic about ouchy tubes and whatnot. Have a good night!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home