Thursday, March 09, 2006

Crazy Week . . .

I'm beginning to think that there is no such thing as a mellow week around here anymore!

We're finishing up all of the work on our annual school auction. It's Saturday night and today was the two-day-prior-chaos-day! On Monday we had only sold 62 tickets. As of today, we had to add three additional tables and max out the venue to 264! It's awesome, but crazy, all at the same time. I am worried that we won't have big bidders there, but it always works out in the end. Maybe if bidding is not crazy, maybe we'll end up with the adorable class project for D's class. It's a beautiful birdbath that the kids decorated with little rock froggies. Too cute! But I'm not going over $300, so the likelihood will be that it goes home with someone else (which is a good thing, really)!

Next year, when I'm likely co- chairing the event? I will take the week prior to as vacation and spend all of my waking hours running around for the school. Because it's too hard to actually work when I'm this busy as a volunteer!

I had breakfast with a girlfriend this morning who shared with me that they are pregnant! Yah! I can't wait to buy cute things for all of my friends and (1) cousin that are preggo. Then maybe in a year or so, I can buy some cute things for a little one of my own. It's so odd to me that I completely set aside my dream of another child for so long, and now, it's almost within arm's reach (assuming that all goes well when we try)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home