Thursday, January 05, 2006

Settling in for the Ride

As odd as it seems (being six days in), I'm already easing into the rhythm of this. It feels so good. It feels so incredibly right. I miss him like crazy and he's just been gone for a couple of hours.

I loved watching him interact with D last night. Very natural, not pushy . . . just interested. I loved that he let me handle the one situation that arose with the kids, but connected with me when it was done to assess the issue. I love (but in the same breath hate) that he wouldn't stay over, even on the couch last night. He doesn't want to give D the wrong impression and confuse the situation. I love that he pulled back at the restaurant this morning once he knew that I knew the staff. He waited for me to show him affection and give him my cues, and then jumped right back in.

As I write this out, in black and white, it should appear to be insane and foolhardy. But it's not. My heart has confirmed it, as has his. My closest friends and family have confirmed it.

It's the real deal.

That being said, I am dying to go to bed. I am delirious with exhaustion. Time for bed. Crap, it's only 7:20.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home